New Real Estate Laws In California
224 Bills were made into LAW in the last 9 days. . . do you know what they were?
Amazingly from the Sept. 30th thru Oct 6th. Not all of them are Real Estate laws, but that is a lot of laws to review, think about, know about.
I have come up with a list of those that pertain to Real Estate. You can read up on these and ALL of the others at CA Legislative Information.
Here is the list of the ones I thought are to real estate, or that maybe we should keep an eye on:
- AB 494 – Land use: accessory dwelling units.
- AB 828 – Civil actions: fee recovery.
- AB 1223 – Construction contract payments: Internet Web site posting.
- AB 1718 – Property taxation: leach pads, tailing facilities, and settling ponds: base year value: separate appraisal.
- SB 229 – Accessory dwelling units.
- SB 812 – Property taxation: tax-defaulted property sales: minimum price.
- AB 236 – CalWORKs: housing assistance.
- AB 1516 – Maintenance of the codes.
- SB 400 – Highways: surplus residential property.
- AB 335 – Parole: placement at release.
- AB 1699 – Insurance: fees and charges.
- SB 50 – Federal public lands: conveyances.
- SB 231 – Local government: fees and charges.
- SB 252 – Water wells.
- SB 667 – Department of Water Resources: riverine and riparian stewardship improvements.
- AB 245 – Hazardous waste: enforcement.
- AB 646 – Rental property: disclosures: flood hazard areas: areas of potential flooding.
- AB 1278 – Contractor licensing: judgment debtor prohibition.
- AB 1357 – Home inspectors: roofing contractors: roof inspections.
- AB 1365 – Veterans homes: planning strategy.
- AB 1583 – Proposition 65: enforcement: certificate of merit: factual basis.
- AB 291 – Housing: immigration.
- AB 299 – Hiring of real property: immigration or citizenship status.
- AB 317 – Napa County: farmworker housing.
- AB 1284 – California Financing Law: Property Assessed Clean Energy program: program administrators.
- SB 33 – Arbitration agreements.
- AB 718 – Mosquito abatement and vector control districts: managed wetland habitat: memoranda of understanding.
- SB 711 – Electrical corporations and gas corporations: rates and charges.
- AB 352 – State Housing Law: efficiency units
- AB 556 – County ordinances: violations: fines.
- AB 611 – Mandated reporters of suspected financial abuse of an elder or dependent adult: powers of attorney.
- AB 1714 – Income taxes: credits: low-income housing: farmworker housing: building standards: housing and home finance.
- AB 546 – Land use: local ordinances: energy systems.