One World Realty




Omnibar Settings

 One World Realty


ARTICLE BY: Maggie Clemens

You’re the Boss!

Without exception, every home seller will say that they want to make as much money as they can on the sale of their home. Yet many will end up losing hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars!

Worse yet . . . most don’t even know they’ve lost it.

These are often hidden losses. Sometimes in the form of reduced selling price. Sometimes in the form of increased selling costs. Sometimes both. Either way, it will leave you, the home seller with less profit.

Your best protection from these costly mistakes, against losing money, is . . .

To avoid making fundamental mistakes in the first place!

But first, you have to be aware of them. Because if we were forced to pick just one thing, that cost sellers the most money, it would be this:

Being naive about how the real estate industry really works.

In attempts to win your business you are bombarded with propaganda, misinformation and half-truths. At One World Realty we encourage you to question everything. The first thing I want you to know is this:

YOU hold the ultimate power in real estate.

Not the agents. Not the buyers. YOU. As a seller, YOU are the reason this industry exists in the first place. YOU are the paying client. Therefore, you, and only YOU, can demand that it serves you better. Of course, that is if you want to. You’re welcome to stay with the way the industry works now. Ultimately it is your choice.

It begins by doing your homework.

Each year the National Association of Realtors publishes a Profile of Home Buyers and Home Sellers. In the 2017 edition it states that 74% of ALL home sellers contacted only ONE agent before hiring one for the important job of selling their investment (home) and maximizing their profits.

Most people I know will talk to more than one person for the job of landscaping their yard, or repairing their roof, but will only talk to ONE agent to sell their home? Seems crazy doesn’t it?

Another interesting fact published in that survey is that only 67% would recommend their agent for future services. What happened with the other 33%?

If you are thinking of selling your home this fall, or whenever you are, I encourage you to take the control of your sale back. Talk to more than one agent, get a second opinion. Do your homework. Stay smart. Protect yourself. You ARE the Boss!

Feel free to call me any time to discuss how I might help you at 619-800-1145 or email me at

 Click Here to view the Buyers Guide – Fall 2018 




View All Blog Posts
Web Analytics